Saturday, April 26, 2008

Side Trip To China

March 19 to March 27, 2008

Made a quick trip to China. 4 cities in 8 days. The only negative about the trip was the weather. Since it is Spring a lot of the days were overcast which made if difficult to get really good pictures but the trees and flowers were starting to bloom and were spectacular.

A friend of mine gave me a small digital camera (my first) and I was real happy that he did. It took great pictures and was a lot easier to handle than my old camera. The day we went to "The Great Wall" it was overcast so the pictures are not as sharp as I would have liked them to be.

Our breakfast everyday was a buffet with a mixture of Western style, Chinese and Japanese foods. The two other meals of the day were all Chinese food I did have some "New" dishes that I had not encountered here in the states. It made it interesting and although I am a big fan of Asian cuisine at the end of 8 days I was really craving " meat". Their fruits and vegetables are very fresh and it is grown locally. China does not have large farms like we do here in the states where so much is done by machine. Since they have "billions" of people everything is done by hand.

I saw very little in the way of "equipment". Even the highways was being built "by hand"

The quality of the foods was good but it really made me appreciate "Duong Son" restaurant in Westminister all the more.

No comments: