Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April's Gathering of The Wino's

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our monthly get together was held today. As always we had a theme and as always we had wines brought that do not meet the theme.

But this time I will say that several of the non-themed wines were the hit of the day.

Toady's theme was California Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and Sparkling. The non-conforming were French and they were good.

There were a couple of Merlots that I really liked. Uvada from Oakville was really nice. I was unfamiliar with this label and I found that I really liked it. Another surprise was a 1998 Rosenthal (Malibu) Devon Vineyard Merlot. It was drinking very nice and age seemed have helped it.

A total of 24 wines were opened and when I left it looked like most of them had been consumed.

Another month bites the dust and we are looking forward to May's gathering.

No comments: