Sunday, May 20, 2007

Last Call at Delius

Saturday, May 19, 2007 was the last day at the now "past" location of Delius Restaurant. I stopped in Friday night for "Last Call". It is sad to see it close after all these years. The understated elegance, no loud blaring music, no televisions to distract you from conversation made this my "watering hole" for the last 8 years or so.

All the furniture, paintings and accessories were either sold to the "regulars" or Dave & Louise took them home. I did purchase the stands that held the cloth hand towels in the women's restroom. Not to sure what I am going to use them for. They could hold candles, glass balls, etc., When I get them home I will find a place for them.

I ate my last meal, Friday. A must have of Duck breast with polenta and asparagus. I wish I could cook a duck breast like Louise does. Hers is always so succulent and juicy. Just perfect. Also a must have was the "Russian Cream" for dessert.

The new location will be opening on Friday, June 1, 2007. The renovations are almost complete. The outside of the building looks like an art deco structure from South Beach. I am so looking forward to seeing the inside. I will have that privilege with a few other select people next week.

Everything at the new location will be new. Complete bar, new menu, open for lunch and walk in dinner. The "prix fixe" dining area will still be there. Louise will be the chef for the "prix fixe" dinners and the other half of the kitchen will handle the walk in trade. Two different menus. I have met the new bar manager "Ed". I refreshed his memory on how the make a "Sidecar". That will be the first drink I order.

No comments: