Sunday, May 27, 2007

Century Club

There is a website I came across quite awhile back , "www.winecentury.com. Its members are devoted to tasting at least 100 varietals of wine. There is a chart that you can download to keep track. You can also add varietals that are not listed on the chart. When you have 100 varietals tasted you send the chart into the Century Club and get a certificate that you are now a "member".

Its strictly the honor system. If you are a cheater no one knows but you. But people who cheat are not honorable, they are only interested in what they perceive others think of them. An ego booster without doing any work.

I now have 104 varietals tasted. Its taken me some time to do this but it has been a lot of fun. Every wine I taste I find out what varietals are in it. It is surprising what shows up in different blends. Some of these varietals would never show up as a single wine. They are strictly for blending which according to the rules is permissible.

No comments: