Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Lunch at The Fresh Green Olive with the boys

 Tuesday.  March 12, 2024


Decided to try a Mediterranean restaurant next to Masala Waves.  The Fresh Green Olive. The owner was at one time affiliated with The Green Olive in Long Beach. Large open area with a side area for large parties. Clean and neat.  Music was a bit too loud for my taste and after awhile the "Mediterranean" beat got to me.  

We ordered a variety of small dishes to get an inkling of the quality of their food.  Hummus was very good.  Baba Ghanouj was also good and I am not an eggplant fan.  The Tabouli looked good but had too many ingredients that I cannot eat so I passed.

We had an order of Falafel. Not to my taste as it had way too much cilantro for me. It also was very salty. When the owner asked about it we told him the salt issue and he went back into the kitchen to check the mix.  Yes it was too salty he said. Two people added salt not knowing the other had. Thanked us for pointing it out to him.

We had two platters of meat. Gyro and Chicken Shawarma. Very small, thin slices but they were moist which was a good sign. So many middle eastern restaurants cremate their meat so it is so dry it becomes inedible to me. 

Rounded out the meal with pita chips and fresh pita bread.

Two bottles of wine were on the table. A 2014 Clos Pepe VS Pinot Noir which was showing exceptionally well and a 2021 Educated Guess, Oakville, Napa, Cabernet Sauvignon which turned out to be surprisingly good for an inexpensive wine. 


No comments: