Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Lunch With The Boys At Masala Waves

 Tuesday.  January 23, 2024

Masala Waves Restaurant


A new place to try today.  Indian and Nepalese food.  After checking out online we decided to try because they had Yak, Goat and Lamb on the menu. Menu did not disappoint. 

Started off with a bowl of Lenil Soup - I personally am not into lentils and the spice in the soup was not  for me either. My dining companions did like it.

Then on to Vegetable Momo's.  Dough was tender and the vegetable filling was good.  But again a dish I would not order on my own. Obviously some spice I am not getting my taste buds around,

Next appetizer was Spinach Naan Dip. Naan bread with a spinach cheesey filling. This dish was very good. We decided we liked it much better than plain Naan. A definite keeper. 

Main dishes for us were the Yak Chow Mein and the Lamb Korma. Lamb was tender and had good flavor but for me the Yak Chow Mein was a winner. Yak meat was very tender and flavorful. Chow Mein noodles were al dente and really good flavor. A very good dish. So good I took another order of it home. 

We opened two wines today. a 2013 Sojurn , Wohler Vineyards, Russian River Valley, Pinot Noir and a 2014 Samsara, Las Hermanas Vineyards, Sta Rita Hills, Pinot Noir.  Both very good. The Sojurn was a bit more complex. Interesting comparisons between the two. Different areas and climates. But also very similar. 

No comments: