Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Margie's Dinner at The Red Table

 Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Red Table Restaurant


13 of us for Margie's monthly dinner. Tonight we are at the Red Table.  Seating was much better than last year. A bit more room. In fact numerous things were better. Last year was a bit chaotic, new owner, chef quit, etc. this year was much smoother.  Food was better. Staff seemed to work well together tonight.  

Since I still have gastric issues, I cannot eat much at one sitting. I did order the braised short rib that came with mashed potatoes and baby vegetables.  Had no appetizer. Ate a third of the meat and potatoes and boxed the rest to take home. Short rib was very good, nice flavor and tender.   I did take a taste of one bubbly but no white wine tonight for me. 

I did have a bit of a hard time reading the wine list. Some facts were not put down and I had to decipher handwriting. 

 Several of the wines listed I would have like to try. But I only have so much capacity and sometimes people just hoard their wines and don't pass them around the table. 

NV   Launois, Grand Cru, Blanc de Blanc Reserve, Champagne - very, very good, wish I could have tolerated more.

???? Thorton, Temecula, Brut Reserve

???? Belle Glos, SMV, Clark & Telephone, Pinot Noir - very good

2002 Robert Mondavi, Oakville, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon

2010 Merry Edwards, RRV, Coopersmith, Pinot Noir - a very nice clean wine

2017 McPrice Myers, Paso Robles, Grenache - I did like this wine

2017 Cinquain Cellars, Prose, Paso Robles, Bordeaux blend

2018 Buttonwood, Santa Ynez Valley, Classic Cuvee, Bordeaux Blend - a good balanced wine

2019 Chevreaux-Bournazei, La Parcelle, France, La Capella Champagne

2020 Bound, Alexander Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon

2020 Denner, Paso Robles, Grenache

2020 Letita, Arroyo Grande, Sparkling

2021 Onesta, Lodi, Bechtold Vineyard, Rose of Cinsault

2021 Lancaster Estate, Alexander Valley Samantha, Sauvignon Blanc

2022 Sea Shell Cellars, Paso Robles, Viognier


No comments: