Monday, March 28, 2016

March's Gathering of The Winos

Sunday,  March 27, 2016

Even tho it was Easter Sunday the winos did not stay home. Weather was decent for March . Nice day turning to cooler in  the evening. 

Today's theme was Malbec, 2013 and older.  I was looking forward to what Stan might pull out of his cellar. But when he arrived he informed us that he could find no older Malbec wine. With 5,000 bottles that was hard to comprehend.  Turned out that my 2007 bottle that I brought turned out to be the oldest. 

Hosts grilled  handmade sausages along with a mushroom noodle.  Good side dishes. Henry's mustard greens with ground chicken was exceptionaly good.

There was several desserts. I only tried one, a shortbread tart with fresh strawberries which was very good.   The peeps on the carrot cake turned me off of that one. 

Two days in a row of heavy red wine and loads of food has done me in.  So another wino event down and not sure if I should be looking forward to April or not. The hosts said something about Kosher wines because of Passover.




No comments: