Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sea Legs Dinner

Saturday, March 12, 2016

This month Margie chose a place in Huntington Beach for dinner. I had heard about but never eaten there before. For several reason I will never go back. Place is called Sea Legs Wine Bar.  www.sealegswinebar.com, . It does get mixed reviews on Yelp, now I know why. Food was good. No problem there. Service was a real downfall. I was only half way through my appetizer when they brought out my entree. Ten minutes later the other entrees came out. This is a big no no. Order for entree should not be put in until your customer is close to being finished with their appetizer and all entrees for your table should come out of the kitchen  about the same time. By time I got to my entree, which was a flat iron steak, the meat was cold. I would venture to say it was not to hot when it came from the kitchen to begin with.

This place caters to the younger crowd. Noisy, loud, blaring music. Not what I want to a nice dinner out. When you have to yell at the person sitting next to you to be heard it is too noisy. So if you are over 35 this is not the place you want to frequent unless you are a sugar daddy looking for a young conquest.

There was variety of foods ordered and everyone seemed happy with their choices. No complaints regarding flavors. 

I brought a 2011 Loring,  Russian River, Pinot Noir. It was drinking OK, not the greatest but OK. Maybe needs another couple of years.

Wines that rounded out the evening were 2013 Wildhaven, Pinot Gris, 2012 Molly Dooker, Blue Eyed Boy, Shiraz, NV Graham Beck Brut, 2008 Neyers, Old Lake Road, Sonoma Coast Syrah, 2012 Saxon Brown, Carneros, Chardonnay. NV Perrier Jouet Grand Brut, 2012 Kosta Browne, Sonoma Coast, Pinot Noir, 2013 Tablas Creek, Viognier and a 2009 Three Rivers Winery, Svelte, Red Blend.

No comments: