Monday, August 10, 2020

Sunday Brunch at Michaels on Naples

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Michaels has outdoor seating upstairs so they are open. Good distance between tables. Felt comfortable eating here. Being seated outside and upstairs there was a lot of air movement.

 Strange day. Sitting across from us were old acquaintances of mine that I had not seen in years and in the other area was Douglas. We had reservations for 10:30 and left at 3:00.  A long, very nice , relaxing outing.

I started with a Strawberry Bellini which was good. We ordered  a bottle of Franciascorta, Racicirbastr. Rose Brut which was a "special" discounted price.  Very nice light Rose, hint of strawberry. Off dry.  We liked it so much that we ordered a second bottle.

We all had the Eggs Benedict, Michaels style. Ciabatta bread, toasted with Procuitto.   and Arugula salad.. Side of crispy baked Fingerling potatoes.  Very good. 

They did have a large selection for brunch. But no menus. They bring an app to scan to your phone . This is their menu. I know that I what is happening in todays world but I like to read a menu not scroll.. I am just getting a bit old I guess. Too set in my ways.

I will go back for brunch again in a few weeks.  Have been doing  a few things lately but I really want to space my outings until this Covid issue is over.

No comments: