Monday, August 13, 2018

Red Table in Huntington Beach

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Margie choose the Red Table, www.redtablerestaurants.com,  for her monthly dinner. Had not been in this place in awhile. Forgot how good the food is.  Eleven of us tonight and we sat at the "red" table in the middle of the restaurant.

I ordered the sweet potato fries with bacon aioli to start with. That actually filled me up. so when my dinner came I took a couple of bites and had  them  pack it up to go.  I had ordered the braised short ribs  which were excellent. Tender and moist. Good flavor. Served with "smashed" potatoes and summer squash. A wide variety of food and appys were ordered by others. Everyone was happy with their selections.

Wide selection of wines.  I brought a 2007 Stolpman Angeli which is 100% syrah. It was a good wine but  I will  say it was a slight disappointment. Not sure why. Maybe because the LaCroce I had a few weeks ago was such a stunning wine. My expectations were too high.  Also brought a 2016 "The Street" a dry Riesling made by Stolpman for the Michael Mina group and a 2012 Huber "Hafen" a port style Dornfelder.

Other wines at the table:

NV Cameron Hughes, Lot 620 Brut - nice sparkling, a bit light weight.

2016 Cameron Hughes, Lot 576, Chardoonay - a bit oaky

2014 Cameron Hughes, Lot 606, Cabernet Sauvignon - way to young to be opened, but seemed nicely balanced

2016 Hahn, Pinot Noir - ok but seemed odd for some reason

2015 Kunin, Chenin Blanc - did not taste

2016 Curran, Rancho La Vina, Pinot Noir - nice but not for me. I know Chris makes great pinots but maybe it was just to young for me - I like Pinots with a few years on them. Opening wine too soon does not do the wine any favors

2016 Talley, Olivers Vineyard, Chardonnay - not for me

2013 Iron Horse, Wedding Cuvee, Sparkling - decent but I have never been a fan of Iron Horse

2017 Duckhorn, Sauvignon Blanc - did not taste

2000 Covington Cellars, Stonetree Vineyard, Petite Syrah - a nice wine

NV Veuve Clicoquot Champagne - you can never go wrong with the widow

2014 Ken Brown, "A" Cuvee, Syrah - nice wine but nothing spectacular

No comments: