Monday, August 29, 2016

August Gathering of the Flock

Sunday, August 28, 2016

This month's soriee's theme was Zinfandel's and Champagnes/Sparkling's. Always heavy red wines in August. Fortunately the weather was a bit cooler than normal but I still did not taste any of the Zinfandel's. Probably should have tasted a few of the older wines but frankly the set up made for bottlenecks getting to the table. By time I finished the sparkling's I had no desire to make my way through the crowd again.

A lot of appetizers and side dishes were brought but not one dessert, Now watch and at next months meeting there will be loads of desserts.  I was satisfied nibbling on the appy's and I did forgo dinner. The host made some sort of brisket and as usual it was way over cooked for my taste.

The wines were a nice assortment - I only tasted the sparklings so I have no opinion of the reds at all.

NV Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc
NV Chandon Brut Classic
NV Chandon Etoile Rose
2009 Chateau Frank, Blanc de Blanc
NV Mumm, Cuvee M
NV Montanjon, Champagne
NV Patel-Prieu, Rose Champagne
1991 Seghesio, Sonoma Zinfandel
1993 Wellington Estate, Sonoma, Zinfandel
2004 Grey Wolf, Barton Family  Reserve, Zinfandel
2004 Turley, Tofanelli, Zinfandel
2007 Seghesio. Home Ranch, Zinfandel
2009 Seghesio, Old Vine, Zinfandel
2009 Gersliou Bachus, Zephyrus, Zinfandel
2012 Rombauer, Napa, Zinfandel
2012 DeRose, Cienega Valley, Dry Framed Old Vine, Zinfandel
2012 Four Vines, Paso Robles, Zinfandel
2012 Oak Ridge, Lodi, Ancient Vines, Zinfandel
2012 Truett Hurst, Sonoma, Old Vine Zinfandel
2014 Opolo, Paso Robles, Zinfandel

No comments: