Saturday, August 22, 2015

Wine & Fire 2015 - Saturday Evening

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Could not get checked in immediately at the hotel so naturally just had to go to the Ghetto for some tasting. Hit Moretti and LaMontagne for about an hour then back to the hotel. Cleaned up and headed to the mission for the big event. The grounds are beautiful and the weather was perfect. Seems not as many people as last year which was fine with me.

Ran into 7 people I knew and had not seen since Orv's funeral in 2008. Every time I come here I run into people I know from the LA/OC area. We all know a great tasting.

42 wineries pouring here tonight and the BBQ guys are here also. Lots of food and lots of wine and good music.

Forgot all about the silent auction again. Which is probably best for me - saves me a lot of money.

I think I did more socializing tonight than drinking. But since I started drinking at 11:00 this morning that was probably best also. Great evening.

No comments: