Friday, August 28, 2015

Dinner at Bistro Bleu

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Terry and I liked this restaurant so much we decided to come back. www.bistrobleudining.com .         We were here a couple of weeks ago with Margie's dinner group. The menu had a lot of interesting items on it and several of them were high on my list to try.

I opted for the roasted beet salad to start with which was very good. Almost went for the Lobster Bisque but will try that next week when I come back with Marc.

Terry and I both had the Rabbit (Lapin) It had a mustard sauce that was so good. I had a front leg, back leg and part of the saddle. Took some home. Could have eaten the whole thing if it was not for the salad at the beginning. Served with mixed vegetables, again under cooked. I don't like soft but I do want my vegetables a bit more than raw. So many places seem to be on this kick of serving vegetables that seemed to have been only blanched.  The menu listed linguine as the starch. I had my dinner that way but Terry opted to substitute mashed potatoes with his. That is what I would do when I order the rabbit again.

The baguette was warm, freshly baked and light. Two baskets of the bread  were devoured.

Since there was just two of us there were only two wines.  Terry brought a 2005 Krupp Bros., Veraison, Stagecoach Vineyards and I brought a 2005 Chateau de Ferrand, St. Emilion, Grand Cru. Both wines were showing well. Both well balanced, good mouthfeel and loads of complexity.

A nice evening with good conversation. Amazing what you talk about when there is just two of you.

No comments: