Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tequila

Thursday, March 19, 2015

ABC Fine Wines and Spirits in Long Beach hosted a Tequila tasting today. 3 brands, 13 bottles.
Tres Tonos, El Trueque and Nicho Real. This was the first time that Nicho Real was poured in the US.

Two of the tequilas that I liked the best naturally were the most expensive. I may be easy but I am not cheap. Personally I liked the Tres Tonos extra Anejo (42 months) best. It was priced at $80. The other was a Nicho Real extra Anejo (60 months, French Oak, double distillation) at $100.

 No I did not buy, I have a very full liquor cabinet now and do not need to add anything to it.

I did find out a fact that I did not know before. Every tequila house has their own bottle design and it is not used by anyone else. Found that very interesting. And that on all bottles there is a number (eg: NUM1459) You apparently can research a bottle of tequila to see who makes it by that number. Each manufacturer has their own issued number.


No comments: