Saturday, May 31, 2014

May's Wino's Get Together

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Beautiful day to have an outdoor party. Several of our group seem to be out to town so a smaller gathering today. Still had 20 bottles of wine opened. More than enough to go around. Theme today was Russian River or Sta Rita Hills Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. I opted to with the Russian River area because next months theme is so similar. California (preferably Sta Rita Hills) and "Oaky" Chardonnays. My thought was too much "Sta Rita Hills"  in a row. I hope people don't duplicate the wines next month.  My two favorite wines today were the 2009 Dragonette Fiddlestix Vineyard Pinot and the wine I brought, a 2009 Kosta Browne Russian River Pinot.

The hostess did a great job on the main dishes. Her salmon  was great. Since this is a "pot luck" type of event you never know what is being brought. Today only one appetizer showed up. All side dishes and desserts. Probably because last month there were no desserts and everyone compensated for it. I like unpredictable.

No comments: