Saturday, May 31, 2014

Harvey's Steakhouse

Wednesday, May 29, 2014

Checked out Harvey's , www.harveyssteakhouse.com,  in Huntington Beach tonight.  I write a restaurant review article for for the newsletter for out condo complex where I live so I am always looking for new places to try.

This is an old style steak/chop house. Large sports bar with entertainment every evening. I found it way too noisy by the bar. Should have asked to be seated in the rear area where the lighting was better and it was much quieter. But did not know that when we went in and the waitstaff did not ask if we preferred a quieter location. Other than that the service was good.

I ordered the rib eye steak and it was cooked perfectly, had good flavor and a nice char. A grilled pork chop was ordered and it was tender and tasted good. A dish of shrimp scampi with pasta was another dish ordered. Disappointment, shrimp were fresh but the scampi sauce needed more flavor. Dinner salads were generous and ingredients were fresh and crisp. Choice of several sides. My garlic mashed potatoes were good. Baked potato came with all the extras. Bread basket was mediocre.

They had a varied menu, early bird prices, separate menu for the bar and patio. Their wine list was run of the mill. Nothing exciting. The wine glasses were the round restaurant style which I do  not like. Forgot to ask about corkage but if I go back I will call and inquire.

A decent, local place to go for steak. But I would go early, order off the early bird menu and stay away from the entertainment.  It does not hold  a candle to 555 in Long Beach but the prices were less expensive than 555.


No comments: