Saturday, April 7, 2012

Himilayan - Its Been Awhile

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cora requested a dinner at the Himilayan Restaurant in Sunset Beach. So off we went. It has been a few months since I have been here.. The place was very busy for a Wednesday night. They are now closed on Mondays which makes sense since that is the deadest day of the week for restaurants.. The big highlight of the evening was when the waiter broke the tempered glass top on the table behind us. Sure made a loud noise as it disintegrated.

We started out with Meat Momo, similar to potstickers. The sauce they served was way to spicy for me. I scraped it off after I got my first taste of it. We added Samosas & Fried Onion Rings. The onion rings were quite good. That was a new dish for me.

We rounded out the dinner with Tibetan Lamb, Vegetable Korma, Shrimp Saag, Garlic Chicken and Garlic Naan.

The wines brought tonight were a real mixed bag.

I brought a 2003 Stolpman Hilltops Syrah. It took awhile to open up but then it just blossomed. It was a beautiful tasting wine but alas the next day when I went to drink the balance in the bottle it was gone. I also brought a bottle of Francois Chidaine Mountlouis Sur Loire Brut.

CJ brought a 2006 Rosenblum Carla's Reserve Zinfandel which was excellent. The wines that rounded out the evening were 2007 Chatea Paradis, Syrah/Grenache Blend. 2006 Loring Clos Pepe Pinot. A 2003 Chateau Vignot, St. Emilion Grand Cru.

There were 9 people but 3 were non-drinkers.  All the bottles had a some wine left in them. I have noticed lately that we seem to be taking a little more wine hone with us after these dinners. I don't know if we have cut back on the amount we are drinking or if some of the real heavy drinkers have not been with us.. This is something I have just noticed and became aware of. It will be interesting in the next few months as the attendees change how the consumption goes.

No comments: