Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Start off The New Year at Francos

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Small table tonight at Franco's in Cypress/Los Alamitos. Great family run Italian restaurant. The place was packed. People know good food and support it.

Ordered the shrimp appetizer but it was not what I was expecting. I thought we would be getting the Franco;s Special and it was not. I love the special because the butter/garlic sauce is so good for dipping bread into it. This dish was a tomato based sauce. Good but not the same.

I ordered the filet with gorgonzola . Excellent. Cooked perfect for me. Just this side of dead. There were a couple of other filets ordered, a pork chop and alas another dish I do not remember. But there is never a bad dish at Francos.

Wines were really good tonight:
NV La Saltelle Premier Cru
2001 Stolpman La Croce - perfection
2004 Il Sasso Carignan
2005 Melville Indulgence
2009 Charles Hrug, Younville Cabernet.

No comments: