Saturday, February 26, 2011

Franco's

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Six of us gathered at Fanco's in Los Alamitos tonight for dinner. Had not been here for awhile. I arrived ahead of the group as I came straight from work with a quick detour to Costco. Nibbled on bread and opened my wine. Had to check it out to make sure it was good. Any excuse to sip the red.

3 of us ordered the veal chop special. Huge chop (as big as the ones at Traders Joes) stuffed with spinach, Fontina cheese, sun dried tomatoes with a mushroom Marsala sauce. Sopped up the sauce with the bread. A risotto dish, pasta with clams and a stuffed sole rounded out the evening All were good. Did not hear any complaints from the gallery. I took half of my dish home and will have it for breakfast on Saturday.

I brought a 2002 Ciaccipiccolomini d'Aragon Brunello di Montalcino, A little light but good. Also on the table for our consumption was a NV Michel Loriot Extra Brut Champagne, 2008 Tobin James, James Gang Reserve Primotivo, 2005 Bottega Vinaia Trention Pinot Grigio, 2004 Brunacio Casella Brunello, 2008 Tablas Creek Vermentino, 2008 Anthill Farms Syrah and 2008 Lynmar Estate Quail Hill Pinot Noir.

I will have to make sure it is not as long between visits to Franco's again. Small family owned restauant and the food is good.



No comments: