Sunday, January 23, 2011

Preveza

Thursday. January 13, 2011

Tonight 8 of us gathered at Preveza. We had not been back here for several months. Good chance to compare to the Olive Pit which I ate at Tuesday.

We started off with a wide selection of appetizers. Fried Mozzarella, Dolmades, Spanakopita and a flat bread with cheese and smoked salmon. (no longer on the menu you have to ask for it)
Of course after all of this I am full.

I ordered the Poseidon's Shrimp (shrimp with white wine, olive oil, garlic, fresh tomatoes, herbs, shallots, basil & feta cheese). After it was set it front of me I decided it had too much tomato for me to comfortably eat so Ted, gentlemen that he is (sometimes) traded his linguine with fresh clams with me. All the dishes were good.

I have decided that I do like the Dolmades at Preveza better than the Olive Pit. Both are good but I would say the at Preveza they were a bit more elegant and at Olive Pit more rustic. I feel that the lamb chops at the Olive Pit are a better deal, 5 for $18 compared with 3 for $17.

Corkage is $5 so naturally we had 9 bottles of wine. I have to get back into the habit of writing down the wines again. Alas I cannot remember what was brought except for a 2008 Patricia Greene Pinot, An Italian white wine , Tocai Friucano from Palmini, a french champagne, 2007 Loring Rancho Las Vinas Pinot, a Malbec and I brought a 2005 McKeon Philips Reserve Pinot.

Marc tasted the Patricia Greene Pinot and said it was bad. There was nothing wrong with it. Marc thought it said 2003 instead of 2008 and he has a thing about older wines. He also did not like his 2007 Loring Rancho Las Vinas Pinot. I felt it needed a couple of years aging. So the debate goes on. Young against age.

No comments: