Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Restaurant In Town

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A new restaurant opened up 2 blocks from my "Casa". Stopped in tonight to check it out. A Mediterranean Grill called the Olive Pit.

A different concept, cross between a take out and sit down. Lots of tables but you order at the counter and they give you a number to put on your table (shades of Carl's Jr). They then will deliver the food to your table.

The official opening is Saturday so this is a "shake down" week. Cash only till the credit card machines are working. Very limited wine selection at this time. But corkage is only $5 if you want to bring your own. Their wine glasses are the stemless kind. Great for Cognac and brandy but suck for wine.

They seemed to do a big take out business. Desk was busy all evening. I perched on a chair at a bistro table near the kitchen so I could see how the place was being run.

I ordered the Dolmades, 3 for $5.85. These Dolmades had very good flavor but I would call them more rustic. Next I ordered the lamb chops with a choice of two sides. My selection was the grilled mushrooms and the grilled artichoke hearts. I received 5 chops and the 2 sides along with pita bread for $18. The chops were good and not overcooked. I rounded off the meal with a glass of "ok" red wine at $5. The manager gave me a small pour of the owners homemade red wine. Could not place what is was but it was a decent table wine but don't think it will age more than a year.

A definite go back to restaurant. Several dishes I want to try but I think at $5 corkage I will bring my own wine.

No comments: