Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mixed Bag For End Of The Year

November and December 2010

Between being under the weather, doctors appointments, tests and surgery I have fallen behind in posting. Since my notes are incomplete this will be a short run down of what has happened the last month.

November 21, 2010 -Gathering of The Flock - Theme was Oktoberfest. Good selection of wines and German Beers. Food was great and a lot of it. The hosts had a German friend cook all the authentic dishes.

December 3, 2010 - Lobster dinner at Stan's. Stan went diving (Pacific Lobsters) and put in a call to me to join him and others for dinner that evening. Good wine, butter poached lobsters with truffles. Doesn't get any better.

December 5, 2010 - My annual Holiday Brunch - Egg Casseroles, Ham, Sausages & Peppers. Lots of Bubbly and juices. Wine. Everyone had a good time. My house was decorated. Tree shimmered and glimmered.

December 11, 2010 - Dinner at Seafood Palace. This is where Henry has been going waiting for Doung Son to reopen. 10 of us gathered. 11 dishes of food. Lots of wine. We even had Sea Slug. Non discript taste. Like Tofu, Sea Slug picks up the flavors of what it is cooked with. Best Kung Pao Chicken I have had. The sauce with clams was great.

December 14, 2010 - Himilayan Grille. Julie took me to dinner tonight so no multiple dishes. I had the Lamb Chau Chau and it was good. Took the leftovers home for lunch the next day.

December 25, 2010 - Had the family including 5 rug rats under the age of 7. Since I was not able to lift anything heavy, dinner this year consisted of Tamales & Pizza. It worked out well. I may do it again next year as it was so easy. No mess. Few dishes. Little cleanup. And the rug rats seemed to like it better than a formal sit down dinner. Opened a few bottles of bubbly and had a good day.

December 29, 2010 - Hosted Happy Hour at my place instead of the local bar we usually go to on Wednesday nights. Having the house decorated made it seem more festive.

New Years Eve - I have never done anything on New Years Eve. I always stay home. Restaurants are over priced, set menus, under staffed. And a lot of people who have over indulged. For me it is a turn off. I don't care for drunks and female drunks are even a bigger turnoff. I have my bubbly, caviar and go to bed early. Christmas is my holiday. New Years Eve I can live without. Have been that way since I can remember. Even as a teenager I would not go out. Sometimes we would go up to the Rose Parade and camp out the night before but that was the extent of my celebration.

No comments: