Sunday, May 17, 2009

Franco's Italian Restaurant

Saturday, May 15, 2009

Tonight was the meeting of "CJ's Wine & Dine" group. Franco's is a small restaurant in Cypress and the food is quite good.. There were about 16 in attendance so a lively table it was. I do not keep track of the wines at these dinners so there will be none listed.

We started dinner with a Pesto Pizza. Pesto sauce, bell peppers, fresh chopped spinach, artichoke hearts and garlic. Excellent pizza. I could have had a few more slices of this and called it dinner.

Shrimp Francos was served next. Large shrimp sauteed with sliced green onions, chopped garlic, fresh basil, herbs and wine sauce. They are known for this dish and also was very good.

They then passed a platter of fried zucchini which I passed on. There was way too much food and I could give this up easily.

Soup was a Potato Leek. It was good. Not the best I've had but by far not the worst.

We were then served a plate with Tilapia Franchese. This fish dish was excellent. It had a garlic, lemon, herbs, olive oil and white wine sauce. Also on the plate was Sauteed vegetables, (potato, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus and carrots) and a small portion of pasta.

Last dish was New York steak with Diane sauce and mushrooms. Another excellent dish.

They had a plate of cookies for dessert which was more than enough. I ate too much as it was. If they had eliminated one of the appetizers or the soup it would have worked better. Also I filled up on bread with olive oil & balsamic. Service. was slow and it was a wait between courses. The wines were good. A few low end wines were brought but there were enough of the better quality to satisfy me. My bottle of Fulicano was emptied first so that had to say something for it.

No comments: