Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Trip To Vino Cucina

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nine of us gathered tonight at Vino Cucina in Long Beach for dinner. As always the food was great. I had my favorite appetizer "Deep fried baby artichokes stuffed with ricotta & marscapone" . I should order 2 portions and have them as my meal. Had a very nice pasta with fresh tomato sauce and seafood. Different from he one last time. I always try something new when I go to Vino Cucina.

The dining companions were great. We had a great time and they had to kick us out as it was way past closing.

The only negative is that they have raised the price of their corkage to $15. That means we paid $135 in corkage that night. $15 is not to high if you are bringing a $50 bottle of wine. But for as much as we have gone into this restaurant you would think w could get a break.

I know they have a very nice wine list. Most of them inexpensive Italian wines with a few higher end wines. And their house wine is decent. But I always seem to have a bottle at home that I want to see how it is tasting.

The $135 was pure profit for them as most of us bring our own glasses. I won't stop going to this great little place but I may just start buying a carafe of their house wine and bring my own wines to places that are a bit more "corkage" friendly.

No comments: