Friday, March 13, 2009

Lobster & More Lobster

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Received an e-mail from Stan indicating that he had gone diving the night before and was inviting me to dinner tonight. Never one to turn down an offer for lobster I headed to Santa Monica after work There were 8 at the table and lots of lobster. It was worth the 1-1/2 hour drive to get there. Traffic was horrendous. But what sacrifices we make when its something we really want.

The food was great, the company great and so were the wines. I'm always out of my league at Stan's but he tolerates my wines which to me are really good but compared to what else is on the table, what can I say.

Whites were predominate tonight.

NV La Parcelle Blanc de Noirs
2006 Domaine Fevre, Grand Cru, Les Preuses Chablis.
2005 Clos Pepe, Sta. Rita Hills, Chardonnay
2000 Mt. Eden Chardonnay
2006 Sine Qua Non, Autrement Dit, Grenache Rose - which paired extremely well with the lobster roe
2002 Pride, Mtn. Viney, Cabernet Franc (there was steak)
2004 Williams Selyem, Russian River, Heintz, Chardonnay
2006 Aubert, Ritchie Vineyard, Chardonnay
1985 Grahams Vintage Port

This was worth getting to bed at midnight and having to get up in the morning at 5:30am.


No comments: