Saturday, May 31, 2008

Kings Fish House

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I had a gift certificate for Kings Fish House, www.kingsseafood.com, that was expiring the end of May. I think that it should be illegal to put an expiration of a gift certificate. They take the "cash" in exchange for a certificate. Cash does not "expire" so a gift certificate should not also. My take on it "its stealing".

So I went over to the local "Kings" at Bella Terra in Huntington Beach and went into the Oyster Bar. I had a plate of 6 oysters , a glass of Murphy Goode sauvignon blanc and a portion of a loaf of warm bread. Bill came to $22 with tax so I used my $25 certificate and put a couple of extra dollars in to make the tip larger. The person working the oyster bar was great. He found nice, fat oysters for me. I had 6 different types and they were all good. Plumb and juicy. I like my oysters fairly plain. Just a little lemon or lime and a touch of mionette sauce. I'm into the briny taste and all the different types have different levels of sweetness and brine.

So the certificate is used, I had a good meal and I don't need to stress out anymore about using the damm thing before the expiration.

No comments: