Sunday, July 1, 2007

Dinner At Tantalizing Thai

Saturday, June 30, 2007.

This was the monthly gathering of "CJ's Wine & Dine" group. There were 14 in attendance tonight. We have been to Tantalizing Thai several times in the past. Convenient location and ample parking which is always a big plus for me.

Tonight it seemed that were a lot of champagnes and sparking wines brought. More so than what is "normal" for this group. I did not keep a list of what we drank but there was a 2005 Carmondy McKnight Cab Franc and I brought a 2003 Stolpman Angeli. http://www.stolpmanvineyards.com/, . Since we had so much bubbly and I had been tasting wines earlier in the day at the LA Wine Fest, I did not get into the reds that much.

We started out with "Tom Yum Koong" which is a spicy broth soup with shrimp and straw mushrooms. I really like this soup and had three bowls of it.

Next out of the kitchen was Satay Chicken with peanut sauce and Thai Spring rolls.

Our entrees included, Pineapple Fried Rice, Green Chicken Curry (I'm not a big fan of curry but this dish is very good), Tantalizing Mixed Vegetables (basil, eggplant, asparagus, cauliflower, tomatoes stir fried in a Kra Prao sauce).

The next two dishes were my favorites. Crying Tiger Steak (ribeye with a lime juice sauce) and a new dish we had not had before - Three Flavor Salmon. (Grilled salmon with sweet, sour and spicy wok blended sauces.) This salmon dish was very good.

A nice group of people, lots of bubblies and good food. What more can you ask for. I was a contented female (what a novelty).

No comments: