Sunday, July 15, 2007

Delius Open One Week

Saturday, June 14, 2007

Delius Restaurant has now been open for one week. Went with friends for dinner there tonight. We tried to get into the prix fixe dinner but it was booked way ahead of this date. We did have them reserve a table for us in the walkin side.

Since its only been a week they are still working the bugs out (Stay away for a month if you are perfectionist) We had reserved a table for 5. It was only set for 4 and we had to wait for another chair which took more time than it should have to arrive. The 5th set up had to be asked for. The waiter opened a bottle of wine that I brought and poured everyone a glass from it without letting me taste it first to make sure it was good. We all ordered soup and 3 of us got our soup right away and the other 2 soups came after we finished ours. These are all staffing problems and Dave will be having a staff meeting to address these issues. Like I indicated in an earlier post, it takes close to a month to get the kinks and bugs worked out of a new restaurant and all new waitstaff, some who have not had much experience working in a higher end establishment. And as all new places go some of the waitstaff will probably not make the cut. Time will tell.

The food that we had was typical Delius food. Perfect. We all had the tomato/basil soup with lobster. What can I say. It was so good.

The Caesar salad had anchovies in it like a true Caesar. A filet was cooked just to medium rare which was requested. A special of the day was a pasta with a marinara sauce with shrimp, crab & lobster. I was told it was great also. I did not taste it because of the tomato sauce. My lamb shank was perfect, juicy and full of flavor and fell off the bone when I started to cut into the meat. The food is always top notch at Delius. They are my standard when I go to compare restaurants.

I took a bottle of 2004 Kosta-Browne Pinot and a 2003 Stolpman Angeli (syrah). Good wine was made to shared with friends. And these wines were both very good. Dave and the bar manager, Ed were both impressed.

I did notice that the end of the bar area did have the doors on to hide all the bar "stuff". This was done since I was in on Tuesday. Hopefully the back bar will be in place soon. That is going to look so good. And when the trim gets around the five wine coolers on the wall it should really take on a look of sophistication.

The place was packed, the prix fixe dining room was full and everyone seemed to be having a good time. They still need to get the acoustic problem fixed in the walkin dining area. Hopefully soon.

I will be back in this next Tuesday with friends for dinner. It will be interesting to see what more has been done inside to complete the interior. And I will get to try another new food dish.

No comments: