Sunday, January 1, 2023

Lunch at Seafood Cove # 1

 Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Lunch today at Seafood Cove. We were supposed to go to Cali-Chilli on the 19th but I had a bad episode of GERD and had to cancel. This was a last minute decision today.

Place was packed. Almost all were Chinese. All 3 lobster tanks were virtually empty. I saw one lone lobster left. Christmas must have been extremely busy for them. No deliver until Friday. 

Started out with the House Sweet and Sour Soup with tasted very good to me.

Next was Hong Kong Style Crispy Noodles with Chicken, Shrimp, Calamari, Bamboo Shoots, Bok Choy and Carrots.

Followed by Beef with String Beans and Fried White Fish Fillet with Carrots, Baby Corn  Pea Pods and Mushrooms.

Apparently, I was having issues again with taste The fish tasted good along with the mushrooms and string beans. Nothing else.  I talked with several people I know that had Covid and developed taste issues. They are having the same thing. again. Not much tastes good. Seems we all want only salty or sweet. This issue  seems to come and go. Lasts a few hours or a few days. No rhyme or reason to it.

Two wines on the table.  A 2019 St. Huberts, The Stag, Paso Robles, Cabernet Sauvignon and a 2012 Trimbach, Alscae, France, Pinot Blanc. I had a very small taste of both wines and they tasted the same to me, off.  It was me not the wines.

No comments: