Monday, July 17, 2017

July's Meeting of the Winos

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Time to head up the freeway to Santa Monica. Very hot today and here is hoping the weather will be cooler nearer the beach.

Todays theme is CA Merlots, Sonoma or Napa and CA or French Sparklings. Not a big merlot fan but do have a couple in the cellar.

Managed to find a parking spot right across the street. Tight fit but I did make it. I am always grateful to Officer DeVries who taught me to drive when I turned 16.  Best decision my dad did  having a highway patrol officer teach me.  I can parallel park in small spaces.

The weather here is hotter than I expected. No breeze which is unusual for the area.  Stan brought out a fan and hooked it up in the yard so we could have a bit of cooling.

I drank all the sparklings but only a few of the merlots. Way to hot to enjoy big red wine. We had a big turn out today. Just about everyone in the group showed up. Some really good appetizers and numerous desserts.

NV   H. Blin Champagne
NV   Domaine Denis, Cremant de Bourgoune Brut
NV   Domaine Allimantlauger, Cremant d'Alsace
NV   Roederer Estate, Brut
2001 Gloria Ferrer, Royal Cuvee Brut
2006 Moet Chandon Rose
2013 Schramsberg, Blanc de Blanc

All were good and refreshing on such a hot day.

1996 Matanas Creek Merlot - over the hill
2002 Stags Leap Merlot - good
2003 Pride Mountain Merlot -  good
2006 Shafer Merlot - good
2010 Meeker Merlot - good
2010 St, Supery Merlot - good
2012 Charles Krug Merlot - good
2013 Simi Merlot - did not taste
2013 Duckhorn Merlot - did not taste
2013 Monticello Vineyards Merlot - did not taste
2013 Frogs Leap Merlot - did not taste
2013 Raymond Merlot - did not taste
2014 Stags Leap Merlot - did not taste


No comments: