Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Delius Restaurant Annual Passport Wine Tasting

Sunday, October 16, 29016

This has been a main stay with Delius for many years,  www.deliusrestaurant.com,   I have only missed one of these tasting because the Wino's had scheduled a tasting on the same day.  After attending that tasting, I kicked myself for not going to the Passport. Wines would have so much better.

12 regions were represented, 36 wines. Lots of food but it is difficult to eat off a plate when all the tables are taken, so I just nibbled with finger food. One of the waitstaff brought me out finger food from the kitchen and made sure when the passed around trays of appetizers he got to me first.

100 tickets are sold for this event and it was sold out. Out of 100 people I only recognized 2 people that I knew or had seen there before. 

Wines for the most part were good. Did not taste all 36 but  2 that stood out were a 2015 Castano Monastrell Rose and a 2012 Poder Nuovo "Therra" Super Tuscan.

No comments: