Monday, January 11, 2016

Holiday Brunch

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Brunch at my house today.  Sliced thumb open on the cheese grater. Kitchen sink backed up. Not the best of days for me. This is January 11 and I am just getting around to posting. Did a major job on the thumb.

Had about 25 people in for my annual holiday brunch. This will probably be my last one for a large group. I will leave myself an opening for a small group. Everyone usually brings  a small dish and  a bottle of wine etc., it still runs me at least $250 plus my time. The thing that really gauls me is people seem more than willing to show up but never reciprocate in return. After numerous  years of this I think it's time to shut it down. Just invite those that open their doors to me.

I put out 6 bottles of Louis Bouillot, Cremant de Bourgone.  Made 3 egg casserole dishes and had two types of sausages and a spiral sliced ham. There were some interesting side dishes but the desserts were lack luster.

My thumb pounded the entire day. Hard to keep a happy face when you are in pain.

The list of wines brought follows - spelling may be off because I cannot hold a pen properly.

2009 Graham Beck , Breui Zero, Premier Cuvee - excellent
201 BV Rutherford, Napa, Cabernet Sauvignon - always a good choice
NV  Ctsan Don Reserve, Club Cuvee - do not remember
NV Schramsberg, Blanc de Blanc - gone by time I heard it was on the table
2013 Hartley Ostini, Hitching Post, Cork Dancer, Pinot Noir - good
2007 LeVieille Ferme Cotas du Ventaux, Rouge - good
2012 Truett Hurst, 3 Vineyards, Zinfandel - did not taste
2014 Rockview Reserve, Mendocino, Chardonnay - did not taste
2012 Gavarint, Elin Grasso, Langhe, Nebbiolo - good
2014 Silverado Vineyards, Miller Ranch, Napa, Sauvignon Blanc - did not taste
2010 Halter Ranch Syrah - did not taste
23012 Sin Zin, Alexander Valley, Zinfandel - OK
2009 Tobin James, Reserve, Merlot - did not taste


No comments: