Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Wilmore

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Met Margie at a new wine bar in the Bixby Knolls area. Called the Wilmore.  The owner has been in the restaurant and food business and as seems to be the case now days wanted to open his own wine bar. Nice gentleman and hope he makes it.

This is a very small place with horrible parking. The lot next to the building is restricted for a restaurant and they do tow, This fact will keep this wine bar as a "local" place to go. If you live within walking distance it will a great place to drop in and have a glass of wine. I found the wine menu lacking. Decent wines but nothing special. I would not drive out of my way to stop in a have a drink.

We went across the street (in a huge downpour) to try Nico's again. This restaurant had been here forever. I remember when I was dating it existed. Gordon Ramsey had the place on his show where they go in and redo the place and try to bring it up to date.

It was interesting to see how these shows with their decoraters work with a limited budget. Some of the revamp was nice but other things looked "cheap" and thrown together.  Limited menu now but the food is still good. I am sure that helps to keep on budget with food costs.

I would go back  if I am imnthe area but I would not make a special trip.

No comments: