Sunday, October 28, 2012

Phil Trani's

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Met Margie at Phil Trani's in Long Beach for dinner. Checking the place out for another venue for wine dinners. No corkage on Mon Tuesday & Wednesday nights. They have really cleaned the place up. It has been quite a few years since I entered their doors and I was very surprised at how nice the place is now. It was getting a little seedy.

Bar is situated away from the dining area but glass doors. This is a sports bar.

The menu was quite extensive and the food was good.  I had the Beef Tornedos. Three small filets wrapped in bacon with a  mushroom cap and Bearnaise sauce, I would have liked the mushrooms cooked more and a little more Bernaise sauce but the beef was cooked perfectly.

Margie had the "pork schnitzel" which turned out to a chop with a bone. But she said the flavor was good. Side dishes were good.

Service was good and I would come back for dinner.

No comments: