Saturday, September 1, 2012

Single Malt Scotch Tasting

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Delius Restaurant & Wine Country got together tonight for this tasting. Gordon & McPhail's line up of single malt scotch.

8 scotch's - 1 Lowland, 1 Highland, 2 Isaly, 3 Speyside and 1 Orkney Island. They ranged from 8 year old to 30 year old.

Two of them were very peaty/smokey which Clyde really likes but not quite my style. A Benromach 10 year old and the Caol Ila, 1999, 10 year old.

My 3 favorites were the Bladnoch, 1993, 17 year old (which  I bought at $125)  , the Tamdhu 30 year old (loved it but at $224 what can I say) and the Mortlach 15 year old. (probably should have bought at $85 instead of the Bladnoch but the Bladnoch edged the Mortlach out on flavor for me)..

In October Delius & Wine Country are pairing up again for a Cognac, Armagnac & Calvados tasting. I do have my reservation in for that tasting weeks ago.

No comments: