Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pick Up Party at Clos Pepe

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Today was the pickup party at the Clos Pepe Vineyards, This is an annual event. Thankfully Wes had brought my wines down last month so I did not have the cart them around today.

Lots of pizzas being made in the outdoor pizza over, loads of cheeses,  fruit, honey, bread etc. And warm chocolate chip cookies to finish it all off.

Tasted the 2011's that just were bottled. These wines will be available in 2013 for release. Got my order in. Also had library wines being poured. Always like to see how the wine is evolving so I don't have to open mine.

When I left the Clos I headed over to Peter Cargascchi's. He is only open for special occasions. I saw a couple at the fest on Saturday night and also at the pickup party. Ran into them again at Cargascchi's. After strking up a conversation with them they told me about a tasting at Hillard-Bruce. Since it was not on any of the literature I had not heard about it before now. They said it was open to the public but was at the private home. Gave me directions and after stopping at the Ghetto to pick up wine at Loring headed on down the road. Finally found the house and hoped it was the right one.  As I approached the glass doors I could see Eileen & Scott inside. Made me feel better. I could see me knocking on someones door and saying "is this where the wine tasting is ?" and have them look at me strangely and say no.

After getting a glass of wine ( in a huge living room with 30 ft. high ceilings) I looked around and saw eyes looking at me through a small window next to a door. A big horse was staring at me. It seems that the raise Arabians and the stallion was on one side and the mares on the other. The grounds were beautiful and after a quick tour of the gardens headed back in to finish up the tasting. Bought a couple of bottles and headed back to my hotel.

All in all a very good weekend. Will head back on Monday morning after work traffic subsides and should be at my desk at work by 11:00 am.

No comments: