Saturday, July 21, 2012

Russo's

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Perfect weather for dining al fresco. It has been awhile since we went to Russo's. Need to go more often. But then there are so many places it is hard to get them all in.

Tonight 7 of us met. Russo's upped the ante on corkage to $10 a bottle so our extra bottles did not make the table. I managed to list 5 of the bottles but somehow missed a couple.

We decided to just have appetizers followed by a pizza and do everything family style, Easier to split the bill fairly. I don't eat as much as I used to so its my choice to take smaller portions. What I have a problem with is everyone ordering a full dinner and then the table splits the bill. I very rarely order appetizers, dessert or coffee under these circumstances but others do and then I feel I get the short end because I am helping to pay for all their extras when the entire tab is split evenly.

Tonight we ordered the "Russo's Delight" - rock shrimp, avocado and a creamy cilantro pesto on a garlic toasted baguette.  So good.

 "Stuffed Mushrooms" - mushrooms stuffed with chicken, green onion, cream cheese and herbs topped with Romano cheese and baked. Another winner.

"Palermo Crepes"  Crepes filled with bay shrimp, jumbo shrimp, roma tomatoes, goat cheese, green onions, pepperoncini & topped with a creamy Bechamel sauce. I am not a crepe person but these are the exception.

Roasted Brie with baguettes. Sent this dish back because the cheese was not Brie. They were out of Brie and substituted without telling us. CJ caught the difference right away.

Then we ordered a pizza which was excellent . I had one piece because at this time I was stuffed.

Two people ordered desserts which looked good but where they could stuff in the bodies I have no idea.  I do miss the days when I could eat like that but no more.

Our wines tonight consisted of: 23008 Coho Diamond Mtn,, Summit Ranch, Napa, Cabernet Sauvigon, 2007 Barrel Brand, Happy Canyon Valley red blend, 2005 Sapphire Hill, Russian RiverPinot Noir, 2004 Beni Duilio Castellani Brunello di Montalcino, and a 2005 Huber Chardonnay.

No comments: