Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pinot Noir Tasting

Friday, June 10, 2011

Decided to do another Friday night seminar at the Wine Country is Signal Hill. Tonight is is Pinot Noirs. As I indicated at my last post on these seminars I have not been overly thrilled with them so I stopped going.

The person conducting this seminar was a lot more interesting than the last.  What did I learn ? Not much but I did get to taste a lot of Pinots that I had not had before. So it was a $35 tasting of 13 wines with a small amount of new information.

The wines I particularly liked were the 2008 Mt. Eden, 2008 Nalle, 2008 Domaine Drouhin and of course the 2006 Clos Pepe which is one of my favorite wineries.

The other wines were good but not to my palate as much. 2010 Cardwell Hill Rose, 2007 Matthew D. Taylor Michaud Vineyard, 2006 Joseph Swan Saralee's Vineyard, 2009 Antica Terra, 2009 Felton Road. 2007 Pyramid Valley, 2007 Belle Pente, 2007 Rippon and the 2009 Copain Wentzel Vineyard.

As always in these seminars after a few tastes of wine the noise level rises and the "chatter" from the females increases, If it was about the wines it would be OK, but it was not about the wines. It becomes very distracting.  It was an interesting evening. I would go back and do anothet seminar with this person but it would be a pick and choose situation.

No comments: