Monday, May 30, 2011

May Gathering Of The Flock

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stan was hosting today's wino gathering. He lives in Santa Monica which is a trek so I hitched a ride. Merlots was the theme for today. I am not a fan of Merlot but grinned and beared it. As my late friend Orv always said, Merlot is a blending grape. Especially in the USA. France is another game. They make wine to last. eg: Petrus.  I am always "ticked off" by peoples excuses of why they don't attend these monthly gatherings." Its to far to drive". Altho Stan drives the same distance to come to their house." I don't like the theme". So what. Maybe people don't like your theme but they show up anyway. These same people are the ones that get upset if they don't get a big crowd attending their function.

Stan made a great tri tip and and an excellent pork loin with a mustard sauce. This was the day of pasta salads. Fortunately we got 2 desserts. Sometimes its a crap shoot to what food is showing up.

One of the better Merlots to show up was a 2007 Turnbull. The McKeon-Phillips was good. The rest including the one I brought were ok but I don't like Merlots. So I am not the best judge.

Next month  - Red Bordeauxs and French Champagnes.

No comments: