Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tantalizing Thai

Saturday, October 9, 2010

CJ's Wine & Dine group met tonight at the Tantalizing Thai in Carson. You can always count on a good meal at this establishment. I brought a 2003 McKeon Phillips BPR Cabernet and a 2006 Huber Chardonnay.

We started out with Tom Yum Koong - a very savory soup with shrimp & mushrooms.

The appetizers were Thai Spring Rolls & Crisp Garlic Wing.

The entrees were, Yellow Chicken Curry, Green Chicken Curry and Vegetable Panang (curry). Three Curry dishes was 2 to many. I am not a big curry fan and to me this was overkill. We also had Pineapple Fried Rice, Siam Apple Catfish.

I had to leave at this time because the back just was not taking the sitting too well so I missed the Thai Baby Back Ribs.

I also missed having the Crying Tiger Steak. We have always had this dish and everyone likes it. For some reason CJ decided not to have it tonight (he does all the selection of the dishes days ahead of the dinner - we just show up and eat) Guess he wanted to vary the menu.


No comments: