Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Factory BYOB Dinner

Tuesday, July 17, 2010

The Factory Gastropub in Bixby Knolls area of Long Beach, www.TheFactoryLB@yahoo.com, hosted their monthly BYOB dinner tonight. The theme was Central Coast wines. There were 14 of us again. Tonight there seemed to be over booked and the service was very slow. The owners were away celebrating their anniversary and it did show up in how the food arrived from the kitchen.

The food was good as always but tonight it seemed to be not enough. No bread was ever put out on the table and frankly I left hungry. The food I thought was not substantial enough for absorbing the wine and I had to stop drinking early because I could feel myself getting over the edge.

First course was a plate with heirloom tomatoes, figs and balsamic dressing. It was good but very light.

Next was two mushrooms stuffed with something. They were not large. The biggest being about the size of a half dollar.

The main course was a piece of white fish on a bed of couscous, quinoa and another grain. Very tasty but very small portion.

Dessert was some sort of pudding/mousse concoction. Tasty and light.

I hope this does not happen again. I like this place and I like the idea of the BYOB dinner. I have reservations for next month so I will give it one more try.

No comments: