Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Buhkara

Friday, June 26, 2009

Since I needed to deliver some wines to friends we decided to meet at Buhkara, which is an Indian restaurant in Huntington Beach. I'm not a big fan or Indian cuisine but I really enjoy the food here.

We had our standard appetizer plate along with lamb, chicken and shrimp and garlic Nan bread.

But the big hit of the evening was the wines we each brought. Since there were only 3 of us we could afford to indulge. Terry brought a 2004 Roar Garys Vineyard Pinot Noir. I brought a 2003 Linne Colada Rising Tides which is a blend. I remember when I bought this wine, Marc & Edie were with me in Paso Robles and we stopped at Linne Colada for a tasting. Marc did not think much of this particular wine. Said it wasn't very good. My comment at that time was wait a few years and this wine will be outstanding. I was proven to be right.

It was really nice to share it with good friends who appreciate quality.

No comments: