Saturday, June 27, 2009

Belated Birthday Party

Friday, June 12, 2009

Got an invitation for "FAWG" (Friday Afternoon Wine Group) for this day. I'm not a member so I only attend a function a few times a year. Theme for this event was "Best of Syrahs". I was wondering how you can bring a "best" of syrah when the hosts own a vineyard that produces some of the best syrahs around.

I think there was over 40 bottles of syrah brought and quite a few of them were really outstanding.

The host's grilled pork tenderloin and sausages and there was an abundance of food.

The view of the Los Angeles port and harbor from their patio that night was spectacular.

Turned to be a belated birthday (the big 60) for the host. Of course we all have to sing "Happy Birthday" and have a piece of cake to celebrate.

I left at a reasonable time. It's an hour's drive for me to get home. I curtailed my drinking earlier in the evening.

Saw a lot of people that I had not seen Orv's funeral last year so it was nice to catch up.

1 comment:

mackyton said...

Happy to know about these birthday celebrations. My aunt has given me a responsibility to organize a lavish birthday party for my cousin next month. Recommended her some dazzling San Francisco venues. Will finalize them in a day or so.