Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stuffed Lobster at Bluewater Grill

Tuesday, December 29, 2008

Time was running out to partake in the Bluewater Grill's stuffed lobster special so we decided now or never. I met John & Remy at MAWL wines and the 3 of us headed down the freeway to Tustin.

Remy & I ordered the stuffed lobster and John had the swordfish which he said was excellent.

The shrimp stuffed lobster was good. I really liked the texture and flavor and the lobster was a good size, BUT, the portions of the lobster that were not mixed in with the stuffing, like the end of the tail and the claws were another thing. I felt they were dry. Probably in the par-cooking of the lobster and then the baking with the stuffing they were overcooked by a few minutes. And with lobster you cannot overcook or you loose all that succulent flavor. I wish they would have put a side of drawn butter on the plate. That would have helped a lot with the loose meat.

I've been eating lobster since I was small and my father was a commercial fisherman. I would get up in the morning to get ready for school and I knew my Dad was home because the bathtub would be filled with live lobsters. I knew what we having for dinner. A great break from all that albacore we ate constantly.

So the dinner was good, the side of veggies and sauteed spinach was a nice touch but just a little too dry on the lobster meat.

I took a bottle of 2006 Stolpman's L'Avion, A blend of Marsanne, Roussane and a touch of Vigonier. It was excellent with the fish and lobster.

Looking forward to the next Oyster tasting in February. www.bluewatergrill.com,

1 comment:

Nancy Deprez said...

Cute about the lobsters in the bathtub when you were growing up. Was that here in California or in the Northeast?

Nice dinner with the stuffed lobster!