Friday, July 4, 2008

Winos Monthly Gathering

Sunday, June 27, 2008

The winos gathered today for our monthly "wine" outing. Today's theme was Red & White Bordeaux's.

As usual the reds outnumbered the whites. This time by a large margin 5 to 1. All of the wines were good and there were a few notables that stood out.

Two of the whites I really liked. The 2006 Chateau De Launay and the 2006 Baron de Rothschild-Lafite.

In the red department the 1993 Font Villac St Emillion Grand Cru, 1998 Clos Rene Pomerol, 2000 Reginac, 2002 Reginac.

I found these wines were my favorites. All of the wines were drinking nicely and there was not one of them I would not want on my table for dinner.

As usual we had many appetizers to nibble on until the main dish was served. The host cooked salmon on the grill and as always I had stuffed myself so when it came to the numerous desserts that were on the table I could only taste a couple of them.

The weather today was great. A little breezy but the sun shone brightly all day. Just cannot beat California weather.

Next month its off to "Washington State Wines" for the flock.

1 comment:

Nancy Deprez said...

Hi Mary. I agree that Californian weather cannot be beat. Especially these past few days when it has not really been that hot. When I hear about how humid and full of mosquitos other people's summers are I just wonder how we lucked out here!