Sunday, October 7, 2007

Diapers to Dipolmas

Saturday, September 28

This was the second time I have attended this event which is a fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Club of Garden Grove. The weather cooperated and it was a nice fall day to be outdoors. The wines were donated by David Scales of MAWLwine. www.MAWLwine.com, nice variety and I picked up a couple more varietals to add to my quest for the second 100 varietals tasted. The food was donated and served by Outback Steak House and there was plenty of cheese, crackers and fruit yo keep you nibbling. Towards the end they put out bags of cookies, donated by the Radission Hotel and since we had paid $10 extra to have a table to sit at, we were given a box of cookies to take home and also were allowed to take the small cheese trays and center pieces home. So for my $85 fee which is a tax write off, I more than got my moneys worth and had a really good time.

The only glitch to the day was that one of the items I bid on in the silent auction and won that bid, was mistakenly given to another person who bid on the package next to mine. They did take the charge off my credit card and are supposed to contact the person and have him return the package, which supposedly I then can get and pay for again. I will have to call the office next week to see what is going on as they have not called me. I'm not getting good vibes over this incident. That person knew the package wasn't his as he and I were talking at the auction table about the items and he had bid on the similar one last year the same as I did. The personnel that evening said he had about 12 items he won so he may not have been aware that he had mine also when he left, but when he got home he would have known. I hope he turns out to be a honest person and returns my bid item.

No comments: