Sunday, April 29, 2007

SAWG Wine Tasting

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Our monthly gathering of the "winos" today. Today's theme was "Washington State Wines". A real mix of wineries, most I had never heard of, ABEJA, Bergevin Lane, Sapolil, Portteaus, GraEagle, Sharecroppers, Syncline. It always interesting to me where people find these wines. As many wine stores, and tastings that I attend, there always seems to be more and more new names (at least new to me)

This was a smaller group than normal. Seems everyone was out of town for the weekend. But these smaller groups are a lot of fun. Everyone is more laid back and you get a chance to talk with every person. It seems also that the wines do not disappear as quick and you can always get a second or third taste. Sometimes at the larger gatherings, I will find that I have not spoke to several people in attendance.

As usual the food was great. The hostess cooked lamb and chicken so along with all the side dishes we were very full (wine & food).

So another gathering of the "winos" is over and I am looking forward to next months meeting.

No comments: