August 28, 2026
A bit of a twist for dinner tonight at Arte Cafe. Sake has replaced the wine. Six of us at the table and only two had drank any appreciable amount of Sake before. After dinner was over the other four decided Sake was really not for them. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the Sake but the Azumatsuru Junmai Ginjo Black was very good and my favorite.
Started out with Oyster ponzu and jumbo shrimp with wasabi sour cream. Sake was a Yamawa for Oyster. Oysters were fresh and slightly briny which paired well with the Sake. The shrimp was very large cut in half. I had a very difficult time getting the meat out of the half shell. It just didn't want to slide out like the others. Flavor was great but what a pain and messy. Frankly I was a bit frustrated as that should not happen in a restaurant.
Next is a Salad consisting of romaine lettuce, orange bits, walnuts and large pieces of scallop. Very good flavor combination and the scallops were extra tender. The Sake was Azumatsuru Junmai Ginjo White. Good pairing.
Entree was a Medallion of fresh king salmon with dill cream and broccoli puree. Exceptionally good. Paired with a Abekan Jumnai Ginjo Karakuchi Sake. Another good pairing.
Main course was American Wagu Ribeye with golden potatoes and Sake Demi-glace sauce. Again a very good dish, meat was exceptionally tender with excellent flavor and paired with my favorite Sake of the evening. Azumatsura Junmai Ginjo Black Sake. One of the others at the table kept pouring his Sake into my glass. I was a happy camper.
Dessert is a Fruit Tart with Sawanohana Beau Michelle Sake. Nice ending to a very good dinner. But I don't think the Sake will replace the wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment