Saturday, February 6, 2010

January SAWG

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The gathering of the winos has begun for the new year. Today's theme was Pinot Noirs. Sta Rita Hills vs Oregon (Dundee Hills, Chelhalem Mtns & Yamhill Carlton Dist)

It was really evenly divided amongst the 2 areas , 10 bottles from Oregon and 11 from the Sta Rita Hills.

I liked the Patricia Green & the Stags Hollow from Oregon and the Ampelos, Foley and Clos Pepe from the Sta Rita Hills. I was disappointed in my bottle of 2005 Loring, Cargasacchi. I expected something better since it was a high rated wine. It just did not live up to my expectations

As always we had a great selection of appetizers and the host grilled pork tenderloins. Off to a good start for the new year and I hope all the subsequent tasting are as good.

No comments: